Monday, August 31, 2009

Smyle - "Crazy Lazy Little Miss Daisy"



Smyle - Crazy Lazy Little Miss Daisy b/w There's no Reason to Cry (Polydor 1974 - French issue)

Perhaps Smyle's most overlooked single, this one happens to be my favorite! A perfect blend of Beatle-esque melody and rousing glam rock. This Jaap Eggermont-produced tune starts out with a nice early-moog riff, leading into a tasty compressed guitar lick, and has big danceability factor overall. Written by singer Bas Muys and one J. Gimmik, who appears to also have co-written well-known (to nerds like me, anyway) tracks by Catapult and Long Tall Ernie & The Shakers. Everything I've seen with the J. Gimmik writing credit happens to be produced by Jaap Eggermont, coincidence? The B-side is decent, like an early-70's John Lennon album cut.

For more info on Smyle check out NEDERGLAM . I'm sure I can't say it any better than Mark Boon himself!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this song, please do you have the b side, it's the only Smyle song that i don't know.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly rip it for you. Thanks, Matt

    ReplyDelete